Sunday, January 5, 2014

Is it new?





For the first time since I can remember I didn't sit down on New Year's Eve to write down my new year resolutions. For the first time I did not come up with a scheme for the new year that would ' make things better'. For the first time I did not feel the rush of a new beginning, the excitement of things to come. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

My mind is still full of ideas. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't working on some project.

Last weekend I cleaned out our cars.

Last week I worked out our monthly budget.

Just this weekend I cleaned out my kitchen cupboards.

This morning I surfed the web looking for saving tips.

I am looking forward to what this year will bring, but it is different this time. My focus is just different. Over the past year I have learned what it is to value the little things. That warm cup of coffee in my hand on the early Saturday mornings, when I can still hear my little princess and Mr. F breathing steadily in slumber. The view from my kitchen window, it's just the neighbourhood street and a tall pine in the neighbours garden, its top swaying softly with the wind, but it is mine to appreciate. Little princess small kisses; smelling her hair as she sits on my lap. Mr. F strong hand rubbing the back of my head as he walks by the kitchen table on a Sunday morning on his way to the coffee brewer.

Yes, those little things that make up my day to day. Those little things that make me feel so happy and grateful. Those little things that assures me that we are in God's hands.

As the days go by for 2014, my resolution is this: grow in love and appreciation for every moment I get, imprinting those little things into my memory for years to come.

I can't find images to fit this post, so here are just some of my pinterest browsing moments of the past week, just a little inspiration, just for fun, just for the sake of some visuals. I am gathering inspiration for little princess' room. Enjoy!


(source)
(source)
(source)
(source)

(source)
(source)
                                   


                         




No comments:

Post a Comment